The sun is out. The grass is green, and your outdoor space needs a lift. There is no better way to enjoy your summer yard than with a new custom deck. These deck-building tips will provide you with information that assists you in making critical decisions on your project.
We got together with the President of High Quality Contracting, Inc., Nick Wegner, for some great design and upgrading ideas, as well as tips on what to look for in products and deck building contractors.
“When considering a new custom deck, choosing a dependable deck building company is key. They will bring fresh ideas, as well as, they will know their products. “, says Nick. He goes on to say,” The choices with today’s builders and products within the market have become more advanced than years past. “
So, what are some vital deck-building tips?
#1) The Deck Builder Matters-
Choosing the right contractor is the single most crucial aspect of any home deck building project. You need a company you can trust, with years of experience under their belt. They should be licensed and insured in your state, as well as the references to back up any claims of quality work. You should always check your local Better Business Bureau to find out the contractor’s reputation. Ask them for their licensing information and make sure they can pull permits. Whatever you do, do not hire a fly-by-night friend to do the job. Those projects usually end up costing more in the long run to repair or replace.
#2) Choose Decking Building Material For Your Needs-
Think about how you plan to use your deck? Will you often entertain? Is there a pool involved? What needs will a deck require in your climate? With the vast array of materials available, we have broken down a few of the best products available.
- Wood- Decking is one of the most popular choices. Natural timbers such as Cedar, Douglas Fir, Hemlock, and teak look fantastic and stand up to Wisconsin elements. When choosing a wood deck, consider staining the underdeck as well. This will boost the life span of your deck by protecting it from the weather and bugs. It also upgrades the look of the deck.
- Composite decking is a material that is a mixture of wood fiber, plastic, and a binding agent. This combination creates a very long-lasting, durable deck.
- Stone is a natural, sturdy, and attractive option for deck building. It does not splinter or burn and does not need any special maintenance as a natural wood deck would require. Also, when it fades, the stone naturally looks more aesthetic.
- Concrete, known for its durability and long life, is returning as a homeowner favorite due to new modern methods. New concrete decking products allow for many eye-pleasing options, such as stamped concrete, which can mimic stone, brick, wood, and other materials.
#3) Deck Building On A Solid Base-
The base of your deck is what the entire structure stands on. A safe, long-lasting deck needs solid framing, proper footings, or concrete piers. Furthermore, the design for your deck should consider the earth’s surface, any slops, and the typical weather changes for your area. Incorporate these items into the design process to ensure the best possible base for your new deck.
#4) Built-In Options-
Depending on how you intend to use your new deck, it helps decide which built-in options you want to include in your design. If you enjoy entertaining, you may want to consider such items as an outdoor kitchen or an outdoor fireplace.
Will you have furniture that has cushions and pillows? You may want to consider a built-in storage area. High Quality Contracting, Inc has installed built-in seating with storage spaces, sheds, or storage boxes.
Accessories can be as straightforward or as elaborate as your tastes. Here are more accessory ideas: built-in coolers, built-in garden planters, a brick pizza oven, firepits, sunken seating, curved seating nooks, a mini library nook with built-in bookshelves that have glass doors on them, architectural shade structures, and built-in pet enclosures.
#5) Deck Building Lighting Options-
Make your deck shine in the night, and provide a warm, inviting place for yourself and guests to enjoy an evening. By adding lighting to your deck, you’re extending the functionality of your investment. When considering what type of lighting to put on your deck, there are a few things to consider:
- Choose lighting that enhances the style of the deck. Don’t mix styles such as a modern light fixture style with a traditional deck style.
- Light vital areas such as steps, handrails, and doorways.
- Light pathways to guide users.
- Space out the lighting sources so that all the light is not focused in one place but creates an inviting atmosphere.
- Don’t try to light everything. You don’t want to take away from the experience of the night, making it as if you were indoors.
- Don’t skip on the outlets in case you want to add festive lighting or other plugins.
Remember, a custom deck designed with your lifestyle and needs in mind will give you a space that you can enjoy for many years.
If you would like to speak to our custom deck experts, please call (414) 405- 7542 or use the form on our Contact Us page. A deck builder will contact you back as soon as possible.
lisinopril 250 mg
rx pharmacy coupons
how to get diflucan otc
buy tetracycline canada
tetracycline to buy
suhagra 200 mg
robaxin muscle relaxant
antabuse 250 mg