The holiday season is fast approaching. Halloween is right around the corner and then boom– Time to Celebrate! Family, friends, and festive meals are everywhere. Is your home ready?
Before you string up the lights and start baking that cranberry orange bread, maybe it is time to remodel. This seasons remodeling can take your home to new levels in entertainment, functionality, and peace of mind.
Consider our holiday remodeling tips to prepare your home for the busy season ahead!
Home Renovations to Consider
Before inviting everyone over for the holidays, you first need to decide where to start with your remodeling. We have put together the key areas of every home.
The center of every holiday is food, and so we begin with kitchen remodeling. There are areas that you should consider when remodeling your kitchen, such as:
- Flooring -For effortless cleanup and durability consider hardwood flooring or tiles.
- Install new counters – Granite, tile, quartz, and butcher block countertops update the focal point in your kitchen.
- Upgrade appliances- New Smart Appliances can help assist you in your holiday meal planning.
- Install new cabinets- Replace cabinets with organizational cabinets that allow for a space for everything.
- Install new lighting- Nothing worse than working in a dimly lit kitchen. Adding new upgraded energy-efficient lighting can help.
The next space that is often used is the bathroom. Impress your guests with an updated area.
- Update old sinks and tubs
- Consider a stand-in shower with high-quality tiles.
- Replace outdated flooring and add new tile flooring.
- Install new cabinets or more cabinets if you do not have enough storage space.
After a good meal, the guests can enjoy the quality time together in a great new entertainment area.
- Add a built-in movie theater room.
- Create a gaming room with a billiards table.
- Build in a custom bar with seating for everyone.
- Install surround sound for music and sporting events like Thanksgiving football.
- Perhaps if you have a hunting sportsman in the family, a trophy room would be nice.
- Don’t forget a play area for the kids. Include a gaming system, surround sound, and comfortable seating.
When guests first enter your home, the first thing they see is the entryway. Make that space, both useful and welcoming with some of these great ideas:
- Add a mudroom with space for coats, umbrellas, hats, and boots.
- Upgrade your front door to a stylish energy-efficient door.
- Upgrade entry windows with energy-efficient windows.
- Add new floorings such as tile or hardwood.
- Create built-in shelving or custom closet space
- Decorate with holiday decor.
The holidays do not have to be hectic. With a few great remodeling projects, your home can be both inviting and functional. For your holiday updates, contact High Quality Contracting today at 414-405-7542.
Consider some awe-inspiring home addition and home gym ideas. Whether you are trying to get your home in shape for the upcoming year or get your body in shape for spring, High Quality Contracting Inc. of southeastern Wisconsin has the fabulous design concepts for you.
Popular additions in 2018, include home theaters, game rooms, wet bars, in-law rooms, and home gyms. Entertain in whatever way you want with a variety of ideas and purposes for the extra space. Don’t forget to add storage for crafters, sporting equipment, or toys.
Here are a few fun ideas for your new space:
Not just for the wealthy anymore, home theaters boast an array of options to meet every budget and create an excellent space for movie viewing. Consider taking out or adding walls which include soundproofing and installing surround sound system. Get the total experience. Embed the tv into a wall unit or use a projection screen television to fill the entire wall. Make the space warm and cozy with new flooring. Another great idea if the room is large enough is to consider adding platform flooring to the back of the room. This allows seating to rise giving each seat in the place ample viewing from all angles.
Keep family and friends busy with a fun game room. Most people think of billiards when they think of a game room, but, in 2018 there are so many more options out there to make the space fun. Consider some of these options:
• Traditional Billiards Pool Table
• Ping Pong Table (folds easily for storage)
• Large Video Game room with a projection screen tv for optimum fun
• Hobby area for sewing, woodworking, or scrapbooks
• Vegas Baby! Flare it up like Vegas with card tables and an authentic Vegas craps table.
• Foosball table
You can add comfort to the game room with overstuffed furniture, side tables and perhaps a wet bar.
If you are looking for a beautiful wet bar to add to your home addition, why not consider a fresh fun style and have the area custom made? Coming up with fun concepts is our specialty. Here are just a few fun bar ideas that can make you feel like you’re on vacation each time you step into your addition-
• LED adjustable backlighting behind a fully stocked bar shelving unit.
• A surf bar with fun oceanside décor, surfboard table, and bright colors.
• Add a glass-enclosed wine room that is visible from the seating area.
• Mountain retreat bar with large neutral tiles and stones, exposed beams, and rustic style.
• Unusual and exciting countertop options such as wood, quartz, marble, granite, tile, stone, or concrete.
• Classy design with open shelving, marble tops, and bright, modern lighting.
Out of town guests will love spending time in a cozy in-law suite which can be a welcome addition to any home. Bringing the whole family together is a great way to enrich your lives. The in-law room might be just the answer to keep grandma or grandpa near the kids and still give them their space. Think of all the fun you can have together. In-law rooms can be made with a private bath added, ample storage and beautiful window views.
Home gyms are becoming ever more popular for the active family. Getting your work out in during gym hours when you are working, running errands, and juggling a family can be difficult. The solution is an addition with a beautifully functional home gym.
Making this space the perfect solution for you and your lifestyle will take some planning, but, we have some great suggestions for you to get started. Consider:
• Soundproofing the walls
• Concrete or wood floors with pads
• Indoor basketball court
• Climbing walls installed on the side of the room
• Large beautiful mirrors
• Open up space with vast window options
• Small indoor pool
• Bright full lighting
• Ballet bar
• Built-in weights shelving
• Extra storage area for equipment
• Surround Sound for music
• Built-in large screen tv
There are so many great options for your 2018 home addition that they hardly fit into one article. If you are interested in getting some ideas for your space, please contact us.